Daiquiris are a girl's drink.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Swimming

For the first time in forever I decided excersize may not be evil and only for hearty, join-in types and went swimming. I'd forgotten how evocative the smell of chlorine is; as soon as I walked through the door I could feel one of those spongy floats between my fingers and the mouth scalding sweetmilk of vending machine hot chocolate.

Anyway - I really enjoyed it. Who knew? I usually view my body as a series of parts, sections to be celebrated or hated and hidden. It was strange to use my whole physical self and to be aware of my body as a mechanism. And I felt amazing afterwards, it sorted out my hangover very nicely.

Oh dear, I may be in danger of buying a fleece and some tasteful gold sleeper stud earrings and becoming a Lesuire Centre Person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home