Daiquiris are a girl's drink.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Housewife dementia

I can't hack this no-day-job, no-flatmates thing and the boys have only been gone for just over a day. Loads of time away from work was lovely at first, but I started to gte bored last week and now, with no one to talk to in the evenings unless I go out and no one in when I get home if I do... put it this way, our kitchen is fucking spotless. I can't settle to write anything, TV is boring, reading is only working in half-hour blocks, the bobbin on my sewing machine is fucked (along with the computer, machines are raging against me this month) and I'm roaming around the flat feeling utterly restless and trying not to text those who shouldn't be texted or to phone everyone I know sounding faintly mental and needy. I am so, so, so bored. How do you do it, those of you who live alone? Actually I think I'd be fine if I had something to do in the day, but all this space is making me feel itchy.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Outer Church said...

I'm thinking of trying to popularise the exclamation 'My bobbin is fucked!' but I can't think of a good context in which it can be used. Help, Miss Daiquiris!

7:57 pm  
Blogger Anna said...

I can think of things, but they are filthy and not fit for an innocent young maiden such as myself to talk about in mixed company.

3:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home