Daiquiris are a girl's drink.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Some things I will miss...

I leave my current workplace tomorrow. I am glad to leave the entertainment news. But I will miss many things.

I will miss my laptop I will miss flirting with the cute guy in the nearby coffee shop I will miss possibly the best manager I've ever had I will miss being friends with systems support and getting 'server error' messages that say 'can I bum a smoke?' I will my miss my co-workers and their odd form of humour.

But most of all I will miss being Weekly Whispers. Whispers was my creation, and frankly a bit of a nutter. She was part Shimura-Curves-well-down-the-pink-wine, part Guardian fashion writer Hadley Freeman and, probably, part me. Whispers got to go to the Grammys. Whispers got to shout her mouth off and take the warped moral high ground about trivial subjects. She's excitable, scathing and, if she came to your party, would probably would drink your flat dry whilst talking 19-to-the-dozen about the similarities between Charlotte Church and Cleopatra. It's the campest, daftest, most utterly silly thing I've ever written and I wrote it every week (I did it last thing on a Friday, some of them are far more erratic than the one above). I think someone else will now take the Whispers mantle. I'll miss her, my little pink Frankestein's monster.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ricky said...

Gone but not forgotten, I say.

She was a good friend, Whispers, and thorough. How will hit40 ever cope?

4:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home